The Maine State House was completed in 1832. Originally capped by a cupola, the State House was remodeled from 1909-1910 and the cupola was replaced by the current copper-clad dome rising to a height of 185 feet. The dome, along with its decorative statue by William Clark Noble has undergone a complete restoration under Consigli Construction Co. Noble was a famed monumental sculptor at the turn of the 20th century most well-known for The Soldiers and Sailors Monument in Rhode Island. His copper statue depicting the Lady of Wisdom had suffered severe weather damage over the years. EverGreene restored the Lady of Wisdom statue—which measures 15’ from toe to torch—back to her early 20th century grandeur. Conservators Jill Eide and Terry Brackenberry worked 200 feet above ground. They carefully scraped away the heavily damaged layer of gold leaf, added an exterior metal sealant for protection and then applied a tinted primer to the copper figure. To regild the statue, they used 23 karat gold leaf, reviving the Lady of Wisdom and her distinctive golden gleam.