Allen County Courthouse

Fort Wayne, IN

This Beaux Arts-style courthouse (Brentwood S. Tolan, 1902) is comparable to the Library of Congress in the scope of quality and quantity of the historic architectural art. EverGreene began by conducting an analysis of decorative finishes in all courtrooms, and then contracted for comprehensive services throughout the courthouse, including the conservation and restoration of decorative painting, the replication of a series of murals by Carl Gutherz, the restoration of over 15,000 square feet of scagliola panels and columns, the restoration of ornamental and flat plaster, stone cleaning of the white Italian marble in the three-story grand staircase, and the cleaning of 28,000 square feet of patterned encaustic tile floor in the rotunda and other public areas.

Architect:MSKTD & Associates, Inc.

Allen County Courtroom after restoration

Courtroom after restoration

Courtroom after restoration

Courtroom after restoration

Courtroom after restoration

Courtroom after restoration

Painting scagliola during restoration

Decorative painting in NYC studio

Detail of decorative painting

Maquette sketch and mural in progress

Mural conservation in progress