Asolo Repertory Theatre
Originally built in northern Italy in 1795, the Asolo Theatre was purchased by Ringling and moved to his estate in Sarasota, FL in 1951. The theater was to be relocated to a new Visitor’s Center, and EverGreene was retained to document conditions, perform preliminary conservation treatments, and disassemble three levels of hand-painted wood-paneled balconies that are decorated with delicate hand-carved, gilded gesso ornament, which were then individually catalogued and specially prepared for storage. EverGreene then reinstalled the panels in the new location and completed the conservation treatments.
Architect: Hellmuth Obata & Kassabaum, Inc.
General Contractor: Willis A. Smith Construction, Inc.