St. Joseph’s Co- Cathedral in Burlington Vermont was designed by Father Richard Michaud, a self-taught architect from Montreal, who set forth to construct a magnificent edifice with striking similarity to the Chapel of the Palace of Versailles. The church was completed in 1887 and in 2000 underwent a renovation.
EverGreene began the renovation project by drafting a color scheme design of complementary shades of mocha, beige, yellow and white. These four colors were used in the barrel vault ceiling to achieve a three-dimensional effect. The predominant wall color that was chosen complements the warmth of the oak and cherry wood tones present in the pews and walls of the church. To enhance the beauty of the church's architectural ornament, a glaze was applied to the cartouche encircling the eight ceiling medallions. The Baroque scroll, classical cornices and dental work resting on the twelve Roman Corinthian capitals were gilded with 23-carat gold. In addition to the ornamentation in the ceiling, the Blessed Sacrament Altar, reredos and altar were also gilded with gold.
EverGreene designed furnishings throughout the interior of the church, which were then built by local Vermont craftsmen.