St. Joseph’s Co- Cathedral, Burlington
Designed by a self-taught architect from Montreal, Fr. Richard Michaud set forth to construct a magnificent edifice with striking similarity to the Chapel of the Palace of Versailles. St. Joseph’s Church was completed in 1887. For St. Joseph’s restoration, EverGreene began the project by drafting a color scheme design of complementary shades of mocha, beige, yellow and white. These four colors were used in the barrel vault ceiling to achieve a three-dimensional effect. The predominant wall color that was chosen complements the warmth of the oak and cherry wood tones present in the pews and walls of the church.
To enhance the beauty of the architectural ornamentation, the cartouche encircling the eight ceiling medallions was glazed. The Baroque scroll, classical cornices and dental work resting on the twelve Roman Corinthian Capitals were adorned with 23-carat gold. In addition to the ornamentation in the ceiling, the Blessed Sacrament Altar, reredos and altar were also gilded.EverGreene also designed furnishings throughout the interior of the church, which were then built by local Vermont craftsmen.