St. Paul's Church
The first Episcopal services were held in Salem at Saint Paul’s Church. The Oregon Statesman, August 22, 1854, reported that an Episcopal Church (St. Paul’s) was under construction at the southwest corner of Church and Chemeketa.
EverGreene’s conservators conducted condition assessment, testing, and treatment recommendations for cleaning and restoration of the exterior masonry of the Saints Paul’s Church building. Additional testing of mortar samples occurred in our laboratories following the on-site work. This study focuses on the 1928 Saint Paul’s church building. This study was conducted in parallel with an assessment of the exterior masonry, roofs, leaders, and gutters by Vertical Access LLC, which occurred during the same time.