At EverGreene, we care for our workers. We are proud to uphold proper safety standards at our various project sites throughout the country because we want each employee to be safe and happy. That’s why we are participating in OSHA’s Safe + Sound Week from August 10 to 16, 2020. Safe + Sound is an annual campaign to champion the protection, health, and safety of on-site workers. This nationwide event held each August aims to recognize the successes of workplace health and safety programs and to offer information and ideas on how to keep America’s workers safe.
New COVID -19 Protocols and Procedures
EverGreene has taken a very cautious and calculated approach to protecting our workers from COVID-19. From establishing on-site distancing guidelines to enforcing the use of masks, we are committed to preventing the spread of COVID-19 while continuing to pursue our varied projects. All of our craftspeople and artisans at job sites observe these practices to mitigate the risks associated with COVID-19:
- Conduct a Toolbox Talk (an informative briefing) on all job sites to explain the protective measures in place for all workers
- Check temperatures of employees upon entry to site
- Maintain social distance
- Follow PPE requirements: All employees must wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and maintain proper hygiene at all times
- Observe additional practices to minimize exposure: Teams are encouraged to not share tools to the greatest possible extent, including technology devices such as phones, tablets, and computers; disinfect all reusable supplies, tools, and equipment; and limit the number of on-site office personnel when digital communication is practical and available.
PPE Requirements Regarding COVID-19
All EverGreene employees must have standard PPE as a minimum. To supplement standard PPE, our workers are required to:
- Refrain from sharing PPE
- Sanitize reusable PPE items per the manufacturer’s recommendation prior to each use
- Use disposable gloves when appropriate and wash hands after removing gloves
- Wear a face mask or face coverings at all times, whether an individual is speaking or coughing
Training and Certification
Each of our talented 200+ employees have received extensive safety training. We train and retrain our team with OSHA 10- and 30-hour outreach classes, scaffold user and erector training, and lead environmental health and hygiene. Every supervisor maintains current OSHA 30-hour training cards, and our craftspeople maintain current OSHA 10-hour training. We are an EPA-certified RRP firm and abide by their safe working hygiene and disposal guidelines. Additionally, many of our staff members are certified in First Aid and CPR by the American Red Cross.
Looking to Get Involved?
Safe + Sound is supported by a dedicated team of organizers, partner organizations, and individual businesses who are committed to creating and supporting successful health and safety programs at every workplace. To learn more about how to get involved in Safe + Sound, click here.