Church of the Ascension
Designed by architect Richard Upjohn, the church was completed in 1841 and remodeled by McKim, Mead, and White in 1889. The Church of the Ascension is a National Historic Landmark.
The study phase assessed the overall condition of the church and interpreted the historic paint campaign. This effort culminated in a custom-designed decorative scheme that complemented the significant architectural features. The main project included plaster restoration, paint removal and surface preparation for the application of decorative painting and glazing.
In 2009, EverGreene conservators also performed emergency stabilization of the sculptured angels over the main altar, the work of Louis St. Gaudens.