New Hampshire Supreme Court
The New Hampshire Supreme Court, located in the state’s capital, Concord, is the state’s only appellate court. New Hampshire was the first state to adopt a constitution, and the courts began in 1776, soon after the state adopted a temporary constitution. The Colonial Williamsburg style building was dedicated in September 1970. It houses the chambers of the members of the Supreme Court, staff offices, the clerk office, the New Hampshire Law Library, and the courtroom.
EverGreene conservators completed repairs on the building’s dome and gilded it using forty-two 23.75k master rolls, fifty-two 23.75kt double-width master rolls and seventeen gold leaf book packs of five hundred leaves, covering approximately two-cubic feet.