Robert F. Kennedy Department of Justice Building, Courtyard A—Private
The Robert F. Kennedy Department of Justice Building serves as the headquarters for the United States Department of Justice. The US Department of Justice building was built between 1933 and 1935 as part of the Federal Triangle development known as the McMillan Plan. The Beaux Arts building covers the block between Pennsylvania and Constitution Aves and 9th and 10th Streets. It was renamed to honor Robert F. Kennedy in 2001.
In 2021, EverGreene was brought on as a Materials Conservator to create recommendations and review the mockups for the dutchman repair and to provide color options for replacement limestone in Courtyard A. EverGreene conservators additionally performed a mortar analysis, served as consultants and ultimately wrote a report with our findings, recommendations, and suggestions for future maintenance.