Immaculate Conception Chapel
The Chapel, dedicated in 1870, was designed through a collaboration between the architect Jeremiah O’Rourke and the interior decorator J. R. Lamb. The wall murals, chancel arches, ceiling, stenciled wall pattern, chancel wall, and extensive wood graining were all either conserved or executed by EverGreene.
The decorative work on the ceiling was wholly designed by EverGreene based on traditional medieval wood and polychrome beamed ceilings. The traditional elements in the chapel are complimented by the whimsical stars placed on the flats of the ceiling, resembling a starry night. The murals throughout the chapel, painted by famous muralist Gonippo Raggi, were cleaned and conserved by EverGreene conservators.