King Street Station
The King Street Station and its interior decorative scheme were completed in 1906 by the Reed and Stem firm and over the decades have been slowly obscured by post‐historic renovations. EverGreene furnished and installed all labor, material, and equipment for the removal, cataloging, refurbishing, and reinstallation of historical ornate plaster.
EverGreene plaster craftsmen began by carefully removing and cataloguing each historic plaster piece. The craftsmen then made molds of the historic ornament on site, and sculpted new ones where plaster damage was too extensive to salvage.
Piece by piece, EverGreene re-created every plaster ornament and staged the pieces in queue for the reinstallation phase to minimize reinstallation time as much as possible. When Sellen finished the retrofit, EverGreene took over and began re-attaching the ornament and patching them together with historic pieces for a seamless effect. The entire interior was then painted a historically-accurate hi-gloss white.