Perez Art Museum Maintenance
EverGreene was contracted by the Jorge M. Pérez Art Museum of Miami-Dade County (also known as the Pérez Art Museum Miami, or PAMM) for the maintenance treatment of five outdoor sculptures by various artists, currently located on the grounds of the museum’s Mary M. and Sash A. Spencer Sculpture Garden in Miami, Florida.
The purpose of the project was to carry out remedial and preventive conservation treatments to the sculptures, and to develop recommendations for long-term maintenance. EverGreene performed an initial assessment in October 2018, followed by conservation treatment work from November 26-30, 2018. Maintenance treatments were carried out on the following sculptures:
- Chaos SAS by Jedd Novatt (2012, stainless steel)
- La Plume de Pierrot by Mark di Suvero (1974, painted steel)
- Land of Milk and Honey by Anthony Caro (2006, bronze)
- Chaos Bizkaia by Jedd Novatt (2012, bronze)
- Endless Evolution by Pablo Atchugarry (2015, stainless steel)
Generally, the treatments consisted of aqueous cleaning, corrosion removal, and the application of protective wax and paint coatings.